MATRIC believes strongly in equal opportunities and encourages the submission of resumes from the widest range of applicants. Specific openings will be described on this page when available. Competitive salaries and benefits; EO employer.
Laboratory Technician Internship
The laboratory technician intern performs routine laboratory tests under close supervision of the project manager or senior laboratory personnel to determine chemical or physical characteristics designated.
- Conduct chemical or physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative or quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, or gaseous materials.
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests and analyses, using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical or chemical separation techniques, or microscopy.
- Use either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products or processes following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas.
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and follow strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Record results of experiments and sometimes interpret results to present to senior colleagues.
- Maintain and clean laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Use computers and perform mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs.
- Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements specified in MATRIC’s safety and health process manual and personnel policy manual.
- Work 16 to 20 hours a week during the academic semester or year. The work schedule will vary depending on MATRIC’s project demands and the intern’s academic schedule. The intern will be scheduled to work on MATRIC’s standard work days, Monday-Friday, and during standard work hours, 8:00 am-5:00 pm. However, the intern may be asked to work evenings, nights and/or weekends depending on MATRIC’s project demands.
- Student who is currently enrolled in and has completed three (3) years of a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field.
- Experience in college-level laboratory classes.
South Charleston, WV
Posting Closing Date
September 2, 2018 11:59 pm
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.