MATRIC believes strongly in equal opportunities and encourages the submission of resumes from the widest range of applicants. Specific openings will be described on this page when available. Competitive salaries and benefits; EO employer.
Chief Financial Officer/Chief Administrative Officer
MATRIC is an expanding enterprise which necessitates the addition of experienced financial enablers for its strategy. As such, MATRIC seeks a seasoned Chief Financial Officer/Chief Administrative Officer (CFO/CAO) who has strong business acumen and broad-based leadership experience. The successful CFO/CAO Executive will join our team of high-performing professionals and offer laser focus on MATRIC’s current financial health and reasoned guidance to achieve existing strategic goals. The CFO/CAO will have day-to-day and ongoing impact on company operations, helping us to analyze, strategize and grow. This skilled strategist not only understands current accounting practices and trends but has proven experience raising capital and adapting to change. As a member of MATRIC’s senior management team, she or he will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear and concise communication and presentation skills.
Objectives of this Role
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team.
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs.
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same.
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization.
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all contract and lease management, employee communications, and information technology functions within the organization.
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and taking action.
- Anticipate problems and provide solution options to management.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work with the senior management to efficiently develop proposal budgets, provide access to project finance information, and manage contract/grant compliance and reporting.
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyze internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement.
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations.
- Monitor performance with tracking, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting for earnings calls, the management team, and the rest of the company.
- Manage finance personnel, ensuring compliance with all applicable Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, State Attorney General, and other relevant regulations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- 7+ years’ experience in executive leadership positions
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven record of accomplishment of supervising and managing interpersonal issues within a team or organization.
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning.
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software.
- Strong analytical mind.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Familiarity with both non-profit and for-profit business models.
- Experience in operating in a matrix management environment.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and investor relations
- Executive experience with SaaS business models
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite
- International commercial and finance familiarity
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, or another related field
- CPA and/or MBA a strong plus.
Compensation and Benefits are competitive and commensurate to the candidate’s experience and education level.
Apply online at: https://matricinnovates.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2ok1adukff5
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, or current or future service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.