MATRIC believes strongly in equal opportunities and encourages the submission of resumes from the widest range of applicants. Specific openings will be described on this page when available. Competitive salaries and benefits; EO employer.
Intermediate Software Developer
MATRIC is a strategic innovation partner providing deep, uncommon expertise and infrastructure to solve the most challenging problems of science and technology. With expertise in chemical, energy, environmental and advanced software technologies, MATRIC enables its partners to move ideas from conception to market with speed and efficiency.
MATRIC is a dynamic and growing company that promotes creativity and flexibility in the workplace and encourages a culture of diversity and respect for colleagues. We are looking for someone who has a passion for software development and works effectively in a collaborative environment.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and flexible work hours. This position is remote but collaborates with team members primarily during Eastern Standard Time.
The intermediate software developer position works in advanced software technologies, a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment developing innovative software solutions for federal and commercial customers. This position develops cutting edge software for:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Enterprise-level web applications
- Simulation and Artificial Intelligence
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. citizenship status.
- GIS development (ArcGIS, OpenGIS, MapBox)
- Database development (PostGIS)
- Web development (Vue.js, Nuxt, Node.js)
- API Development (GraphQL)
Additional capabilities a plus
- Full Stack development
- Application development (Java, Python, Bash/Shell scripting)
- Database development (Postgres, MongoDB)
- Application containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Linux development environment
- Responsive design
- Web accessibility
- Object Oriented programming
- Agile software development
- Git and Jira development tools
- Deploying and managing cloud-hosted solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required; Master’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Strong creativity and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a team setting while being an effective self-starter able to manage daily activities to achieve long term goals
- 5+ years experience in GIS development
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, or current or future service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law
Laboratory Technician Internship
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our cross-functional team of engineers and scientists working on cutting-edge process development. MATRIC is a dynamic and growing company that promotes creativity and flexibility in the workplace and encourages a culture of diversity and respect for fellow colleagues. We are looking for someone who has a passion for chemistry and process development and who works effectively in a collaborative environment.
MATRIC services for chemical and energy customers include a broad range of technical services in industrial R&D, ranging from fundamental research to highly applied development in both the process and product arenas. Our Laboratory Technicians play an important role in providing valuable R&D services to MATRIC’s global customers from world-class laboratories in South Charleston.
MATRIC is currently seeking one or more Interns for the Fall 2021 semester, Winter/Spring 2022 semester, and Summer 2022. The Fall 2021 position could extend into the Winter/Spring and/or Summer 2022, and the Winter/Spring 2022 position could extend into Summer 2022.
The Laboratory Technician intern performs analytical or process chemistry tasks in a laboratory under the supervision of the project manager or senior laboratory personnel.
- Conduct chemical or physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative or quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, or gaseous materials.
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests and analyses, using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical or chemical separation techniques, or microscopy.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products or processes following standardized formulas or create experimental formulas.
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and follow strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Record results of experiments and sometimes interpret results to present to senior colleagues.
- Maintain and clean laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements specified in MATRIC’s safety and health process manual and employee policy manual.
- Work 16 to 20 hours a week during the academic semester, work up to 40 hours a week during the summer. The work schedule will vary depending on MATRIC’s project demands and the intern’s academic schedule. The intern will be scheduled to work on MATRIC’s standard workdays, Monday-Friday, and during standard work hours, 8:00 am-5:00 pm. However, the intern may be asked to work evenings, nights and/or weekends depending on MATRIC’s project demands.
- Student who is currently enrolled in and has completed three (3) years of a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field.
- Experience in college-level laboratory classes.
South Charleston, WV
Posting Closing Date
November 30, 2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, or current or future service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.