MATRIC believes strongly in equal employment opportunities and encourages the submission of resumes from the widest range of applicants.
Specific openings will be described on this page when available. Competitive salaries and benefits; EO employer.
Chemical Engineering Intern
MATRIC offers a variety of opportunities and experiences, including laboratory research, pilot plant design and operation, process modeling, and economic analysis. Interns will be assigned roles on a project involving one or more of these types of activities, but each intern will be given some exposure to all areas as a learning opportunity. MATRIC also prides itself on giving interns the opportunity to be real contributors on projects, and successful candidates will be expected to be capable of working in a team environment and to play a part in the team’s direction and success.
MATRIC provides competitive pay and housing for the duration of the internship, which will run from May to August – dependent on the school calendar. The goal of the program is to provide varied experiences to enhance skills and experience that will allow students to successfully transition to a career in Chemical Engineering.
- Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements specified in MATRIC’s safety and health process manual and personnel policy manual.
- Participate in laboratory and pilot plant projects including research, construction, and operation activities.
- Analyze data and draw valid conclusions.
- Contribute as a member of a project team.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in chemical engineering.
- Completed the sophomore or junior level curriculum by the end of the Spring 2018 semester. Strong preference will be given to those who have completed their junior level curriculum. Seniors entering a postgraduate program are also encouraged to apply.
- GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Ability to work safely in a lab or pilot plant and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and precautions.
- Knowledge of lab procedures and ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to research, analyze data and draw valid conclusions using critical thinking.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skilled in the use of computers to perform engineering tasks.
- Ability to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- No experience required.
South Charleston, WV
Position Posting Closing Date
November 5, 2017
Apply online at: https://matricinnovates.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2ok1adft4ik
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.