SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.VA, February 13, 2014 – Mid-Atlantic Technology, Research & Innovation Center (MATRIC) announced today that Gregory S. Babe has replaced Paul E. Arbogast as Chairman of the Board of Directors, effective February 1, 2014.
Arbogast served as Chairman since 2008, and stepped down from the position for personal reasons. Arbogast will remain a permanent member of the board as Chairman Emeritus.
“We are grateful for Paul’s selfless service to MATRIC and to his community,” said Steve Hedrick, president & CEO of MATRIC. “I am personally grateful for both his wisdom and friendship.”
Babe brings more than 30 years of experience in the chemical and manufacturing industries. A native of West Virginia and a graduate of West Virginia University (WVU), Babe currently serves as President & CEO of Liquid X Printed Metals, Inc. Previously, he was President & CEO of Bayer Corporation and Bayer MaterialScience LLC.
“Greg’s experience in leading a science- and technology-based Fortune 500 company, a mid-sized firm and now a start-up will undoubtedly bring tremendous value to MATRIC as it moves into in its second decade of operation and continues its momentum of growth,” said Hedrick.
Babe adds, “MATRIC is a company on the move. I’m looking forward to being a part of an organization that continues to expand and generate value for its global customer base.”
The members of MATRIC’s Board of Directors are:
- Greg Babe, President & CEO, Liquid X Printed Metals, Inc.
- Greg Clutter, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, MATRIC
- Kevin DiGregorio, Executive Director, Chemical Alliance Zone
- Joe Gollehon, Sr. Vice President & Director of Government Affairs, TSG Consulting
- William B. Goode, Vice President, Jacobs Financial Group
- Steven B. Hedrick, President & CEO, MATRIC
- Thomas A. Heywood, Managing Director, Bowles Rice LLP
- Steve Kawash, CPA, Gibbons & Kawash CPAs
- Dr. George E. Keller, II, Chief Engineer, MATRIC
- John Miesner, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, MATRIC
- Tom Potter, Attorney, Jackson & Kelly, PLLC (retired)
- L. Newton Thomas, Jr., Sr. Vice President, ITT Carbon Industries (retired)
- Dr. Parvez Wadia, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, MATRIC
- Bob Welty, State President (WV), Fifth Third Bank
About MATRIC | Mid-Atlantic Technology, Research & Innovation Center
MATRIC is the strategic innovation partner of choice for customers where science and technology provides a competitive advantage. Utilizing uncommon expertise and infrastructure, MATRIC focuses on delivering solutions to known and unrecognized technology and business problems in chemical, energy and environmental technologies; technical engineering; and advanced software technologies. We are an energized and expanding company with facilities in South Charleston and Morgantown, W.Va., creating value for customers and investors around the world. For more information, visit www.matricinnovates.com or follow MATRIC on Twitter @matricinnovates.